If you are considering using television for the first time, you may have questions. We have taken a few minutes to put together some of the most frequently asked questions first time advertisers have and added them here.
How much will I need to spend?
You can often create a strong television campaign that meets your goals and objectives for less money than you might think. An experienced advertising agency can help you find the right combination that will work for your particular situation and budget.
Which stations and programs should I buy? Broadcast TV Stations or Cable Networks?
Each media can work if you use it properly and use the right media for the right reason. One common mistake new advertisers make is equating the number of commercials with the effectiveness of a campaign. More commercials do not ALWAYS mean that your message will be see by MORE people…or even by the RIGHT people.
We have expertise in virtually every business categories. The more we can learn about your business, the better we advise you on media choices.
How much will it cost to make a good TV commercial? Who should I have produce my TV commercial?
Your commercial message is equally important as which media you choose. In fact, if you have a lower media budget…having an effective commercial message becomes EVEN MORE important. Your television message needs to engage people, give them a reason to want to watch it. Your message needs to speak directly to the end user of your product, the person that makes a decision on using your business or product over your competitor. Your message needs to be memorable, something that will “stick in viewers minds” after the commercial is over.
Nartak Media Group can guide you through the television advertising process from preliminary concept to the finished commercial, at a price you can afford.
Examples of Television Commercials by Nartak Media Group
Advertising campaigns are an essential part of marketing. Your competitors are investing dollars in their radio advertising, and in order to protect your market share, you will too. The question is: how much? (more…)
Should I buy my ads by the show, by the network, or by the time of day?
When it comes to advertising, knowing where to put your dollars and how can make all the difference between an effective campaign and one that falls flat. Often companies will try various tactics, but because they’re not in the business of advertising, and may be throwing darts at what they hope will work, it’s hard for them to know what’s effective and what’s not.
This is where an agency comes into play. An advertising agency such as Nartak Media can help you form a strategy that meets your goals. Our expertise spans the spectrum, from identifying your media buying goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and following up with measurement techniques to show you how well that plan was executed.
When it comes to deciding factors that play into media buying, it’s useful to consider your audience.
Who is your audience? What are their TV watching habits?
- Demographics. Does your audience fall into the category of adults aged 25-54? These are consumers who have money to spend
- What TV shows does your audience watch?
- Who are the local affiliates?
- What are the local broadcast options and how much do they cost? If you’re chasing a wealthier group, maybe paid-for television such as cable is the way to go.
- Does your demographic watch live television such as football games or America’s Got Talent, where voting is important to them? Or are they more likely to pre-record and curl up on the couch to The Big Bang Theory, fast-forwarding through the commercials?
- Does your audience tend toward watching day time TV or evening? Evening spots are when the most popular shows air, but they also cost the most money
- What is the geographic location? Larger cities will cost more to air your ads than small towns.
- Holiday craze—be prepared to pay bigger bucks during the fourth quarter of the year
Other facts to consider:
- Supply of advertising spots, depending on length of TV show
- Ability to negotiate price, depending on time of year
- Time of day you want to advertise, depending on your demographic
- Choosing a station that attracts your target demographic
- Requesting your commercial air during a certain show. For example, if you are advertising cooking classes or a new bakery in town, you might want these to air during TLC’s Kitchen Boss.
- Frequency of run times, mix of length of commercials
- What is the visual appeal of your product or service?
Not sure where to begin?
An advertising campaign that includes TV advertising can be tricky, but with the right partner advising you on how to match your strategy with your business goals, and work within your budget, you are on your way.
Reach out to Nartak Media today to inquire how we can help you plan your media buying.
When it comes to advertising, knowing where to put your dollars and how can make all the difference between an effective campaign and one that falls flat. Often companies will try various tactics, but because they’re not in the business of advertising, and may be throwing darts at what they hope will work, it’s hard for them to know what’s effective and what’s not. (more…)
by Larry Hall
Recently, we spoke to Dr. Kenton Rexford, managing partner of Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center in the North Hills about the benefits having pets (specifically, dogs) in the workplace. (more…)
Advertising for the back-to-school and fall season is a hot topic these days. A relatively new programming time, back-to-school has the potential to capture some of the highest sales of the year, and in a condensed amount of time.
Chances are, your target audience is tired of spam, irrelevant social media updates, and other excessive noise across the internet. How do you cut through the digital clutter and get your message out there? Better yet—how do you do it if you’re a small business, without a sales force and with limited promotional dollars at your disposal?
Nartak Media Services offers 4 surefire ways you can tackle this challenge—today—by leveraging the tried and true form of advertising: radio. (more…)
In an age of web-based everything, you may be wondering how effective TV advertising is. The answer may surprise you. Television remains the most effective way to create widespread awareness.
Nartak Media is uniquely qualified to help you grow your business using social media strategies and advertising. (more…)
College students benefit from real work experience, yet most students are so focused on their classwork, they don’t know where to look for these opportunities.
That’s why award-winning Pittsburgh-based Nartak Advertising teamed up with Chatham University—to give students a chance at hands-on experience. Their client, Dugan & Associates, also graciously devoted time to enriching the students’ project. (more…)