Radio Media Buying and Radio Strategy
Radio advertising has universal appeal and is one of the most efficient ways to reach your potential customer.
Here are some advantages to radio advertising:
- Radio reaches approximately 93% of the population every week.
- Listeners are loyal to their favorite radio station. If a favorite DJ mentions a product or service, the listener is very likely to react.
- The radio audience feels a connection to the personalities on their favorite station.
- Radio is portable. The radio audience can be reached where the television audience can not usually be reached, such as in the car, at the beach, at work, etc. It is top-of-mind. For instance, if you are going shopping for a mattress, and you hear a commercial for that product, you are likely to try that business first.
- Radio is “theatre of the mind”. Radio encourages the listener to create a picture in his/her mind, therefore forcing the listener to linger on the message.
- Frequency can be increased dramatically by the flexible use of various lengths of commercials: 5-seconds,
10-seconds, 15-seconds, 30-seconds, and 60-seconds.
- There is such a variety of stations that there is probably a perfect one or two for every product or service.
- By using different times of the day, you can tailor your message to the listener. For example, if you are trying to reach people in their cars, morning and afternoon drive-times would be appropriate. If you are targeting working women, mid-days might work well.
- Costs are less than network television. Your message will be heard over and over again.
- Little advance notice is required for placing advertising or changing the message.
- The introduction of satellite radio has had little impact on the usage of broadcast radio.
We work with our clients to ensure that their message is heard on the right stations, at the right times, with great efficiency and enough reach and frequency to generate results.